It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Monday, May 17, 2010

Show us, a Reflection on John 14:8-11

After he had told them that he was going, they understandably were dubious about their ability to continue without him (14:5).

Philip needed to have some proof. Jesus responds by asking him if he hadn't been paying attention. "Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. The words I speak are the Father's words."

By the words he had spoken, Jesus has revealed God to them.

He then adds "Even if you have trouble believing the words I say, just look at the works I have done. What I have done is evidence that I am in the Father and the Father is in me."

By the deeds he had performed, Jesus has revealed God to them.

In the small group that I am part of, the leader asks at the beginning of each meeting, "Where have you seen God?"

No comments: