It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Save Me, a Reflection on Psalm 138

In Genesis 18, we are told that when Abraham became aware of a disaster, he spoke directly to God, pled with God to protect the righteous from harm.

Abraham's descendants continue to speak to God, asking for protection--and giving thanks for it.

Psalm 138 gives us words for please prayers and for thank you ones.

On the day I called, you answered me....
Though I walk in the midst of trouble,
you preserve me against the wrath of my enemies;
you stretch out your hand,
and your right hand delivers me.
The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me;
your steadfast love, O Lord, endures forever.
Do not forsake the work of your hands.

No comments: