It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Daily Prayer, Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Morning
I will sing to you, Lord, for you have dealt bountifully with me.

Invitatory Psalm 100
Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth.
Worship the Lord with gladness;
come into the Lord’s presence with singing.

We know that you are God.
It is you that made us, and we are yours.
we are your people and the sheep of your pasture.

We enter your gates with thanksgiving,
and your courts with priase.
We give thanks to you, bless your name.
For you, O Lord, are good;
your steadfast love endures forever,
and your faithfulness to all generations.

Psalms 12, 13, 17

Daily Lectionary Reading, Psalm 89:1-4
1 I will sing of the LORD ’s loyal love forever.
I will proclaim your faithfulness
with my own mouth
from one generation to the next.
2 That’s why I say,
“Your (y) loyal love is rightly built—forever!
You establish your faithfulness in heaven.”
3 You said,(z)“ I made a covenant with my chosen one;
I promised my servant David:
4 ‘I will establish your offspring forever;
I will build up your throne from one generation to the next.’ ” Selah

15 The people who know the celebratory shout are truly happy!
They walk in the light of your presence, LORD !
16 They rejoice in your name all day long
and are uplifted
by your righteousness
17 because you are the splendor
of their strength.
By your favor you make us strong
18 because our shield is the LORD ’s own;
our king belongs
to the holy one of Israel!


y Heb lacks Your .
z Heb lacks You said .
[Common English Bible]

Lectio Divina

I will sing of your steadfast love, O Lord, forever; with my mouth I will proclaim your faithfulness to all generations (Psalm 89:1) [NRSV]

You said, "I have made a covenant with my chosen one, I have sworn to my servant David; I will establish your descendants forever, and build your throne for all generations" (Psalm 89:3-4). [NRSV]

Prayer for Today: I can't say it better than this psalm already does. Pray verses 15-18.



Midday Psalm 119:17-24

Evening
Psalm 18

No comments: