It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Sing and Shout, a Reflection on Isaiah 12:2-6

Despite what I have done, this passage reminds me, God is my salvation. I can stop being afraid, I can trust God--and I have to because salvation is something I can't accomplish without God.

And what is true for me is true for all of you as well. Both the salvation and the source of that salvation.

We are assured of this even when we are living in a time of disruption and despair.

So, be grateful. And don't keep your gratitude a secret. Other people would benefit by knowing what you have learned, what you have experienced.

Have you experienced deliverance from a difficult situation? Try writing your own psalm of thanksgiving.

The NRSV translates verses 5 and 6 as "Sing praises to the Lord, for he has done goriously; let this be known in all the earth. Shout aloud and sing for joy, O royal Zion, for great in your midst is the Holy One of Israel."

What does "all the earth" mean to you? How loud is "aloud"? Can you imagine sharing your joy with someone? a lot of people? loudly?

No comments: