It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Friday, August 23, 2013

Daily Prayer, Friday, August 23, 2013

Morning
In your righteousness deliver me and rescue me;
incline your ear to me and save me. (Psalm 71:2-3)


Invitatory Psalm
Psalm 118

Psalms 76, 80

Daily Lectionary Reading, Psalm 71:1-6
I’ve taken refuge in you, LORD . Don’t let me ever be put to shame! 2 Deliver me and rescue me by your righteousness! Bend your ear toward me and save me! 3 Be my rock of refuge where I can always escape. You commanded that my life be saved because you are my rock and my fortress. 4 My God, rescue me from the power of the wicked; rescue me from the grip of the wrongdoer and the oppressor 5 because you are my hope, Lord. You, LORD, are the one I’ve trusted since childhood. 6 I’ve depended on you from birth— you cut the cord when I came from my mother’s womb. My praise is always about you. [Common English Bible]

Prayer for Today: Choose a prayer from Joan Stott's website Timeless Psalms

Midday Psalm 119:121-128

Evening
Psalm 106

No comments: