It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Reflection on the One-Year-Bible readings for November 27

How sweet are your words to my taste, 
sweeter than honey to my mouth!
(Psalm 119:103)

Daniel 4:1-37
Another dream. Another interpretation: The king would be punished, but after atonement, would be reinstated.  When things turned out the way Daniel had foretold, the king praised God.

2 Peter 1:1-21
Necessary characteristics of Christians: goodness, knowledge, self-control, endurance, godliness, mutual affection, love.

Psalm 119:97-112
This portion of Psalm 119 helps us to put into words how we can perceive God's instructions as a blessing to us--rather than an onerous burden. An understanding of this world that God has created, we help us know we may best live in it. In the words of the psalm, God's law makes us wise.

And this wisdom that we have learned affects the way we live, the choices we make.

And we will be glad that we are following God's intentions for us:
How sweet are your words to my taste,
sweeter than honey to my mouth!
Through your precepts I get understanding;
therefore, I hate every false way.
Proverbs 28:17-18
If someone is burdened with the blood of another, 
let that killer be a fugitive until death;
let no one offer assistance.
One who walks in integrity will be safe, 
but whoever follows crooked ways will fall into the Pit.

Prayer for Today: O Lord, keep us mindful of your call for us act out in our lives the faith we have been taught, to show your love in my world. Amen.

No comments: