It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Friday, March 11, 2016

Hope beyond Hope, a reflection on Psalm 102:12-17

When I looked up commentary on this psalm, I came across discussions of when this psalm was written; i.e., what particular national crisis had happened, which foreign power had overtaken them. And I could see that. Zion--the name for the whole country.

Yet, we can read this psalm as a model for prayer for more particular circumstances, including a personal crisis. The psalmist's argument (rationale) for asking God for help is that God has provide help before and can provide help again.

A second yet--Back to the national, God has and can provide help for a nation.

No comments: