It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Reading toward Maundy Thursday, a reflection Luke 22:15-21

Jesus told them, "I won't eat or drink any of this meal until God's kingdom has come." He then took the bread, gave thanks, broke the bread, and said for them to share it, "This is my body, which is given for you." Taking the cup, he said, "This cup is the new covenant by my blood, which is poured out for you."

Hear the echoes from the first Passover, gathering for a meal, preparing for escape from persecution, and the need for a sacrifice.

However, at this Passover, is someone who will betray Jesus.

No comments: