It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Protection of the Weak, Reflection on Ezekiel 34:14-16

"I will seek the lost," God promises. "I will strengthen the weak."

Consider who will benefit from the attention of the Lord God, the true shepherd.

Ezekiel reminds us that the shepherd has another duty, protecting the weak from predators. "The fat and the strong I will destroy. I will feed them with justice."

"When did we see you hungry?" they asked Jesus.

The world may think that the well-fed and strong are those that have received God's blessings. Ezekiel and Matthew might ask whether they have usurped the blessings that were intended for all of God's flock.

Lectio Divina: Ezekiel 34:16

No comments: