It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

God's Protection, a Reflection on Psalm 91:9-16

I was planning to write a commentary on how this psalm needed to be accompanied by a warning label: Yes, God will take care of you, but don't do anything stupid, anyway. After all, Matthew has Satan quoting from it when testing Jesus in the wilderness.

The, from a link on textweek.com, I came across Psalm 91 set by Dales Schoening to the tune of Finlandia.

Yes, the Psalm can be misused, but we do rely on God to rescue us.

When they call to me, I will answer them;
I will be with them in trouble,
I will rescue them and honor them.
With long life I will satisfy them,
and show them my salvation (15-16).

No comments: