It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Monday, May 23, 2016

Forgiveness thwarts Satan, a reflection on 2 Corinthians 2:1--10

Paul explains that he has delayed returning to Corinth because of an earlier troubled visit. He asks them to forgive the trouble maker that had caused Paul the trouble there.

"He didn't hurt just me because his hurting me hurt you. But, you've punished him adequately. Try now to forgive him. Try now to offer him comfort. Try now to show him that you love him. If you forgive him, so do I. When we are able to forgive, Christ has kept us from Satan's schemes."

That's what Paul said. I'm still working on what I think.

No comments: