It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

What I'm Reading Today

Existentialists have often identified those two basic anxieties we have: first, of not becoming our true self and, second, of indeed becoming our true self. 
Jesus found faith where least expected (in foreigners, sinners and the unclean, for instance) and found it absent where it should have been flourishing (religious professionals and his disciples). 
All in all, I have now come to terms with the fact that my Christian faith will not so much answer all my questions as question all my answers.
(from The Splash of Words, Mark Oakley)

No comments: