It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Mustard Seed, Reflecting on Matthew 13:31-33

Ezekiel spoke to the exiles in Babylon. "You deserve every punishment; yet, I will forgive you. I myself will take a sprig from the lofty top of a cedar, plant it on a high mountain so that it will produce boughs and bear fruit, and become a noble cedar. Under it every kind of bird will live; in the shade of its branches will nest winged creatures of every kind" Ezekiel 16:59-17:24.

Jesus tells a similar parable.
  • a small beginning, a great and very visible outcome
  • a source of sustenance
  • a promise of protection, a homeplace

No comments: