It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Life Instructions, a reflection on Amos 5:14-15

After proclamations of judgment against Israel's neighbors and Israel, Amos pleads for conversion. "Do what you are supposed to do so you can live the life that has been intended for you. Live the way the Lord has told you that you should and you will recognize God's presence."

Centuries later, a man asked Jesus, "What must I do to inherit eternal life?" He was disappointed in the answer. I'm wondering had he read this passage from Amos? I'm wondering--if you could see the way I live my life, would you think I had read it? How about you?

Lectio Divina: Seek good and not evil, that you may live; and so the Lord, the God of hosts, will be with you, just as you have said. Hate evil and love good, and estasblish justice in the gate; it may be that the Lord, the God of hosts, will be gracious to the remnant of Joseph (Amos 5:14-15).

No comments: