It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Daily Prayer, Wednesday, July 20, 2011




Turn to me and be gracious to me



Morning
Invitatory Psalm 100
Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth.
Worship the Lord with gladness;
come into the Lord’s presence with singing.

We know that you are God.
It is you that made us, and we are yours.
we are your people and the sheep of your pasture.

We enter your gates with thanksgiving,
and your courts with praise.
We give thanks to you, bless your name.
For you, O Lord, are good;
your steadfast love endures forever,
and your faithfulness to all generations.



Psalms 12, 13, 17


Daily Lectionary Reading, Psalm 119:129-136

  • 129 Your laws are wonderful!
  • That’s why I guard them.
  • 130 Access to your words gives light,
  • giving simple folk understanding.
  • 131 I open my mouth up wide, panting,
  • because I long for your commandments.
  • 132 Come back to me and have mercy on me;
  • that’s only right
  • for those who love your name.
  • 133 Keep my steps steady by your word;
  • don’t let any sin rule me.
  • 134 Redeem me from the people
  • who oppress me
  • so I can keep your precepts.
  • 135 Shine your face on your servant,
  • and teach me your statutes.
  • 136 Rivers of tears stream from my eyes
  • because your Instruction
  • isn’t being kept.
  • [Common English Bible]




Prayer for Today:
O Lord, I am deeply sorrow that in spite of all your gifts to us, we have not been able to respond with obedience. Protect us, strengthen us, so that we can do your will for us. Amen.


Lectio Divina:
Make your face shine upon your servant, and teach me your statutes (Psalm 119:135).
Midday Psalm 119:17-24



Evening
Psalm 18

No comments: