It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Monday, April 29, 2013

Daily Prayer, Monday, April 29, 2013


Morning


May God be gracious to us
and bless us
and make your face to shine upon us,
that your way may be known upon earth,
your saving power among all nations.

Invitatory Psalm 95
O come, let us sing to the Lord:
let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation!
We come into your presence with thanksgiving;
we make a joyful noise to you with songs of praise.
You, Lord, are a great God.

Psalms 57, 61, 64

Daily Lectionary Reading, John 14:23-27
23 Jesus answered, “Whoever loves me will keep my word. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. 24 Whoever doesn’t love me doesn’t keep my words. The word that you hear isn’t mine. It is the word of the Father who sent me. 25 “I have spoken these things to you while I am with you. 26 The Companion, [w] the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I told you. 27 “Peace I leave with you. My peace I give you. I give to you not as the world gives. Don’t be troubled or afraid. _________________________________________________ w Or Advocate [Common English Bible]

Prayer for Today: Triune God, keep us mindful of the many ways we have been loved by you. Open us today to seeing ways that we can show that love. Open us to hearing your word. Calm our fears. Remind us of your care. Amen.
Lectio Divina
Peace I leave with you;
my peace I give to you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled,
and do not let them be afraid. (John 14:27)


Midday Psalm 119:89-96

Evening
Psalms 87, 88, 91

No comments: