It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Monday, May 27, 2013

Daily Prayer, Monday, May 27, 2013


O sing to the Lord a new song;
sing to the Lord, all the earth.

O sing to the Lord a new song;
sing to the Lord, all the earth.

Morning

Invitatory Psalm 95

O come, let us sing to the Lord:

let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation!
We come into your presence with thanksgiving;
we make a joyful noise to you with songs of praise.
You, Lord, are a great God.

Psalms 57, 61, 64

Daily Lectionary Reading, Luke 7:1-10
After Jesus finished presenting all his words among the people, he entered Capernaum. 2 A centurion had a servant who was very important to him, but the servant was ill and about to die. 3 When the centurion heard about Jesus, he sent some Jewish elders to Jesus to ask him to come and heal his servant. 4 When they came to Jesus, they earnestly pleaded with Jesus. “ He deserves to have you do this for him, ” they said. 5 “ He loves our people and he built our synagogue for us. ” 6 Jesus went with them. He had almost reached the house when the centurion sent friends to say to Jesus, “ Lord, don’t be bothered. I don’t deserve to have you come under my roof. 7 In fact, I didn’t even consider myself worthy to come to you. Just say the word and my servant will be healed. 8 I’m also a man appointed under authority, with soldiers under me. I say to one, ‘Go,’ and he goes, and to another, ‘Come,’ and he comes. I say to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and the servant does it. ” 9 When Jesus heard these words, he was impressed with the centurion. He turned to the crowd following him and said, “ I tell you, even in Israel I haven’t found faith like this. ” 10 When the centurion’s friends returned to his house, they found the servant restored to health. [Common English Bible]

Prayer for Today: O Lord, when we don't feel worthy of your presence, you continue to care for us. Amen.

Midday Psalm 119:89-96

Evening
Psalms 87, 88, 91

No comments: