It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Saturday, February 6, 2016

Sin, then, a reflection on Psalm 32

Let's say that someone did something wrong--wrong, in the sense of hurtful or dishonest. That is, somebody sinned. What are the consequences of sinning? I mean the consequences to the person doing the sinning.

When the sense of sinning sinks in, what next? How do we get past it?

Psalm 32 recognizes that someone may well do something wrong some time and may regret it.
When I kept quiet,
my bones wore out,
I was groaning all day long---
every day, every night!

.... [Common English Bible]

Then, the unhappy regretful someone can try confession.

No comments: