It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Saturday, November 28, 2009

May I remember and may God forget some stuff, a reflection on Psalm 25:1-10

We read in Jeremiah the promise of what is coming--justice and righteousness and safey. In Psalm 25, we find the words to respond to this promise.

I trust you, God, protect me.
Teach me your ways.
Be merciful.

In praying this psalm, we admit that we have not always done what God would have preferred us to do, and we admit that we have more to learn.

Think about your own life. If you had known then what you know now, what would you have done differently?

Who are God's chosen pupils (vv.8-9)?

No comments: