It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Daily Prayer, Wednesday, November 6, 2013

I call upon you,
for you will answer me, O God;
incline your ear to me,
hear my words (Psalm 17:6).


Morning
Invitatory Psalm 100

Psalm 37

Daily Lectionary Reading: Psalm 17:1-9
Listen to what’s right, Lord; pay attention to my cry! Listen closely to my prayer; it’s spoken by lips that don’t lie! 2 My justice comes from you; let your eyes see what is right! 3 You have examined my heart, testing me at night. You’ve looked me over closely, but haven’t found anything wrong. My mouth doesn’t sin. 4 But these other people’s deeds? I have avoided such violent ways by the command from your lips. 5 My steps are set firmly on your paths; my feet haven’t slipped. 6 I cry out to you because you answer me. So tilt your ears toward me now— listen to what I’m saying! 7 Manifest your faithful love in amazing ways because you are the one who saves those who take refuge in you, saving them from their attackers by your strong hand. 8 Watch me with the very pupil of your eye! Hide me in the protection of your wings, 9 away from the wicked who are out to get me, away from my deadly enemies who are all around me!
[Common English Bible]

Prayer for Today: Choose a prayer from Joan Stott's website Timeless Psalms

Midday Psalm 119:57-67

Evening
Psalms 63, 68

No comments: