It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Reflection on One-Year-Bible readings for December 13

I will not give sleep to my eyes 
or slumber to my eyelids, 
until I find a place for the Lord, 
a dwelling place for the Mighty One of Jacob.
(Psalm 132:4-5)

Obadiah 1:1-21
Could anything be more scary than you'll get just what you deserve?

Revelation 4:1-11
Vision of the Lord God who is and is to come.

Psalm 132:1-18

Proverbs 29:24-25
To be a partner of a thief is to hate one's own life; 
one hears the victim's curse but discloses nothing.
The fear of others lays a snare,
but one who trusts in the Lord is secure.

Prayer for Today: Pray Revelation 4:11.

No comments: