It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Hunger, Reflection on Exodus 16:13-15

As a typical American, I think I'm hungry if it's supper time and I haven't eaten since lunch. What if I were a Haitian during this year's hurricane barrage? See this story for an example. \ttp://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-haiti-scene_11sep11,0,4958073.story


How does God send help to people in need? In Exodus, the food came down from the sky. Sometimes, God sends it through the hands of other humans. Sometimes, we are slow to help. See http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gDm7lRAjdXWzCH-GDsdZvbReCqCAD93452R05

No comments: