It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Daily Prayer, Thursday, August 25, 2011

O Lord, I love the house in which you dwell, and the place where your glory abides.


Morning
Invitatory Psalm 150
Praise the Lord!

We praise you in your sanctuary;
we praise you in your mighty firmament!
We praise you for your mighty deeds;
We praise you according to your surpassing greatness!
We praise you with trumpet sound;
We praise you with tambourine and dance;
We praise you with strings and pipe!
We praise you with clanging cymbals;
We praise you with loud clashing cymbals!

Let everything that breathes praise the Lord!
Praise the Lord!



Psalms 39, 40


Daily Lectionary Reading, Psalm 26:1-8
Establish justice for me, LORD , because I have walked with integrity. I’ve trusted the LORD without wavering. 2 Examine me, LORD; put me to the test! Purify my mind and my heart. 3 Because your faithful love is right in front of me— I walk in your truth! 4 I don’t spend time with people up to no good; I don’t keep company with liars. 5 I detest the company of evildoers, and I don’t sit with wicked people. 6 I wash my hands—they are innocent! I walk all around your altar, LORD , 7 proclaiming out loud my thanks, declaring all your wonderful deeds! 8 I love the beautyw of your house, LORD ; I love the place where your glory resides. [Common English Bible]


Today's Prayer: We praise you for giving us the gift of memory that enriches
our life in so many ways; for the joys of family life; the
comfort we find amongst friends; and for the blessings we
receive as members of a community of faith that comes together
to worship and praise our God. We praise and thank you for
the gift of your Holy Word, from which we can receive the
blessings of knowledge of our God, and to learn the ways
you have led your people through countless generations. Amen
[from http://www.wesleychurchgeelong.net/w_resources/pentecost11[22]a_2011.htm]

If used in shared worship, please provide an acknowledgement as follows:
© 2011 Joan Stott – "The Timeless Psalms" RCL Psalm Year A, used with permission.


Midday Psalm 119:68-77


Evening
Psalm 69

No comments: