It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Friday, June 17, 2011

Daily Prayer, Friday, June 17, 2011

Morning
O Lord, our Sovereign, how majestic is your name in all the earth!

Invitatory Psalm 118
O Lord, we give thanks to to you, for you are good;
your steadfast love endures forever!
….
Out of my distress I called on the Lord;
the Lord answered me and set me in a broad place.
With the Lord on my side I do not fear.
What can mortals do to me?
….

Psalms 131, 132, 133

Daily Lectionary Reading, Psalm 8:1-4

Lectio Divina
O Lord, our Sovereign, how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory above the heavens (Psalm 8:1).

What are human beings that you are mindful of them, mortals that you care for them? (Psalm 8:4)

Midday Psalm 119:169-176

Prayer for Today:
Holy and Eternal God, the glories of your Name are
beyond any finite understanding or human explanation.
The majesty and glory of God fills the earth - and
all that lies beyond it into the mystery of space.

Inspirational God, you enable tiny babes to praise you
in ways that we cannot, as they see, hear and know you.
We too seek the simplicity of their understanding,
so we can also sincerely and reverently praise you.

The power of your Holy Voice brings all things into being.
In reverent awe, we gather to worship you, Creating God. Amen.
If used in shared worship, please provide an acknowledgement as follows:
© 2011 Joan Stott – "The Timeless Psalms" RCL Psalm Year A, used with permission. To see other prayers, visit her website http://www.wesleychurchgeelong.net/w_resources.htm


Evening
Psalms 137, 138, 139

No comments: