It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Friday, June 24, 2011

Daily Prayer, Friday, June 24, 2011

Morning
I will sing to you, Lord, for you have dealt bountifully with me.

Invitatory Psalm 118
O Lord, we give thanks to to you, for you are good;
your steadfast love endures forever!
….
Out of my distress I called on the Lord;
the Lord answered me and set me in a broad place.
With the Lord on my side I do not fear.
What can mortals do to me?
….
Open to me the gates of righteousness,
that I may enter through them
and give thanks to the Lord.

This is the gate of the Lord;
the righteous shall enter through it.

Psalms 23, 25

Daily Lectionary Reading, Genesis 22:9-14

Lectio Divina
So Abraham called that place "The Lord will provide"; as it is said to this day, "On the mount of the Lord it shall be provided" (Genesis 22:14).

Consider and answer me, O Lord my God! Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep the sleep of death, and my enemy will say, "I have prevailed"; my foes will rejoice because I am shaken (Psalm 13:3-4).

Prayer for Today:
O Lord, we come to you hoping, asking, and, often, pleading. We come to you because we have already received so many gifts from you. As you have been faithful to us, strengthen us to be faithful to you. Open our eyes to the way you have provided for us. Amen.

Midday Psalm 119:33-40

Evening
Psalms 30, 31

No comments: