It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Daily Prayer, Monday, June 20

Morning
I will sing to you, Lord, for you have dealt bountifully with me.

Invitatory Psalm 95
O come, let us sing to the Lord:
let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation!
We come into your presence with thanksgiving;
we make a joyful noise to you with songs of praise.
You, Lord, are a great God,

In your hands are the depths of the earth;
the heights of the mountains are yours also.
The sea is yours, for you have made it,
and the dry land, which your hands have formed.

O come, let us worship and bow down,
let us we kneel before our Maker!
For you are our God,
and we are the people of your pasture,
and the sheep of your hand.
….

Psalms 1, 2, 3, 5

Daily Lectionary Reading, Matthew 10:40-42

Lectio Divina
And whoever gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones in the name of a disciple--truly I tell you, none of these will lose their reward (Matthew 10:42).

I will sing of your steadfast love, O Lord, forever; with my mouth I will proclaim your faithfulness to all generations (Psalm 89:1).

Prayer for Today:
O Lord, remind us so that we can remind others of your love. Prompt us to show that love both by what we say and what we do. Open our eyes to those who need help and direct us into ways that will provide that help. Amen

Midday Psalm 119:1-8

Evening
Psalms 6, 7, 8

No comments: