It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Prayer prompted by Moses' Rescue

O Lord, today somewhere near me is a child at risk. Remind me how you have worked through so many people before to save children. Remind me of the midwives. Remind me of big sisters. Remind me of Pharaoh's daughter. Remind me that whether I'm just doing my job, rather I know the child personally, or whether I have a position of authority, I can do the work you would have me do. Open to my eyes today ways that I can continue to by your agent in this world. Amen


To help visualize children who need help now, visit the website Vision Project

The goal of Vision Project is to produce documentary material and educational programs that encourage understanding and awareness about a broad range of social issues. This information and programming is for the general public with a particular focus on members of the younger generation.

No comments: