It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Approaching Grace, a Reflection on Hebrews 4:12-16

The author of the Epistle to the Hebrews reminds them (and us) that the word of God is living and active. 

It's not just a book that I can close and put on a shelf and then stack some other books on it as I can through with them. No, the word of God is living and active.

And more than that, it judges my heart. I'm going to have to render an account.

And more than that, I can't hide.

Let me take the word of God seriously.

But not fearfully. We have a sympathetic, effective Jesus to help us.
Let us therefore approach the throne of grace with boldness,
so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

No comments: