It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Monday, December 22, 2014

Reflection on One-Year-Bible readings for December 22

I call upon you, O Lord; 
come quickly to me; 
give ear to my voice when I come to you.
(Psalm 141:1)

Zechariah 2:1-3:10
Third vision: A man with a measuring tape come to measure Jerusalem. An angel interrupts the series of visions by reporting that Babylon is soon to be destroyed; the exiles are going to be able to come home. Fourth vision: Joshua is told that his guilt has been removed.

Revelation 13:1-18
Call for endurance and faith.

Psalm 141:1-10
Some of this psalm is easier for me to pray sincerely than other parts of it. Sincere parts: Listen to me. Don't let me say or do things I shouldn't. Protect me from evil people.

Proverbs 30:18-20
Three things are too wonderful for me; 
four I do not understand: 
the way of an eagle in the sky, 
the way of a snake on a rock, 
the way of a ship on the high seas, 
and the way of a man with a girl.
This is the way of an adulteress: 
she eats, and wipes her mouth, 
and says, "I have done no wrong."

Prayer for Today: Pray the verses of Psalm 141 that fit your circumstances today (I suggest omitting verses 6-7).

No comments: