It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Friday, April 1, 2011

Daily Prayer, Friday, April 1, 2011

Morning

God of all the ages, in your sight nations rise and fall, and pass through times of peril. When our land is troubled, be near to judge and save. May leaders be led by your wisdom; may they search your will and see it clearly. If we have turned from your way, reverse our ways and help us to repent. Give us your light and your truth, let the guide us; through Jesus Christ, who is lord of this world, and our Savior. Amen. (UMBOW 517).

Invitatory Psalm 118

The Lord is my strength and my power;
the Lord has become my salvation.
....
I thank you that you have answered me
and have become my salvation.
The stone which the builders rejected
has become the cornerstone.
This is the Lord's doing;
it is marvelous in our eyes.
This is the day which the Lord has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it.
....

Psalms 23, 25

Daily Lectionary Reading, 1 Samuel 16:1-13

Lectio Divina
Then Samuel took the horn of oil, and anointed him in the presence of his brothers; and the spirit of the Lord came mightily upon David from that day forward. Samuel then set out ad went to Ramah (1 Samuel 16:13).

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows (Psalm 23:5).

Prayer for today:
God of all the ages,
in your sight nations rise and fall, and pass through times of peril.
Now when our land is troubled, be near to judge and save.'May leaders be led by your wisdom;
may they search your will and see it clearly.
If we have turned from your way,
reverse our ways and help us to repent.
Give us your light and your truth, let them guide; us;
through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of this world, and our Savior.

(UMBOW 517)

Midday Psalm 119:33-40

Evening
Psalms 30, 31

No comments: