It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Morning Prayer, Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Morning
Almighty God, you sent your Son, our Savior Jesus Christ,
to suffer death on the cross.
Grant that we may share in his obedience to your will
and in the glorious victory of his resurrection;
through Jesus Christ our Lord,
who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit,
One God, now and ever. Amen.
(UMH 281)

Invitatory Psalm 84

Psalms 65, 66, 70

Daily Lectionary Reading, Matthew 26:14-46

Lectio Divina

Then he came to the disciples and said to them, "Are you still sleeping and taking your rest? See, the hour is at hand, and the Son of Man is betrayed into the hands of sinners (Matthew 26:45).

Be gracious to me, O Lord, for I am in distress; my eye wastes away from grief, my soul and body also. For my life is spent with sorrow, and my years with sighing; my strength fails because of my misery, and my bones waste away (Psalm 31:9-10).

Prayer for Today:
Life-giver, Pain-bearer, Love-maker,
day by day you sustain the weary with your word
and gently encourage us to place our trust in you.
Awaken us to the suffering of those around us;
save us from hiding in denials or taunts that deepen the hurt;
give us grace to share one another's burdens in humble service. Amen.

(from RCL Prayers, Fortress Press).

Midday Psalm 119:97-104

Evening
Psalms 102, 103

No comments: