It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Daily Prayer, Maundy Thursday, April 21, 2011

Morning

Invitatory Psalm 150

Eternal God, in the sharing of a meal your Son established a new covenant for all people, and in the washing of feet he showed us the dignity of service. Grant that by the power of your Holy Spirit these signs of our life in faith may speak again to our hearts, feed our spirits, and refresh our bodies. Amen. (from RCL Prayers, Fortress Press).

Psalms 125, 126, 127, 128, 129

Daily Lectionary Reading, Exodus 12:1-14; Psalm 116:1-2, 12-19; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26; John 13:1-17, 31b-35

Lectio Divina
I give you a new covenant, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another (John 13:34-35).

Because he inclined his ear to me, therefore I will call on him as long as I live (Psalm 116:2).

Prayer for Today:
O God, by the example of your Son, our Savior Jesus Christ, you taught us the greatness of true humility, and call us to watch with him in his passion. Give us grace to serve one another in all lowliness, and to enter into the fellowship of his suffering; in his name and for his sake. Amen. UMBOW 349

Midday Psalm 119:161-168

Evening
Psalms 135, 136