It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Daily Prayer, Monday, April 18, 2011

Morning
How precious is your steadfast love, O God! All people may take refuge in the shadow of your wings (Psalm 36:7).

Read Covenant in Plain Sight: A Poem for Monday of Holy Week Based on Isaiah 42:1-9, A 21st Century Africana Liturgy Resource by The Rev. Dr. Valerie Bridgeman Davis

• • • •

If any want to become my followers,
let them deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.
For those who want to save their life will lose it,
and those who lose their life
for my sake and for the sake of the gospel, will save it.
(UMBOW 343).

Invitatory Psalm 95

Psalms 94, 96

Daily Lectionary Reading
Isaiah 42:1-9; Psalm 36:5-11; Hebrews 9:11-15; John 12:1-11

Lectio Divina
I am the Lord, I have called you in righteousness, I have taken you by the hand and kept you; I have given you as a covenant to the people, a light to the nations, to open the eyes that are blind, to bring out the prisoners from the dungeon, from the prison those who sit in darkness (Isaiah 42:6-7).

Your steadfast love, O Lord, extends to the heavens, your faithfulness to the clouds (Psalm 36:5).

Prayer for Today:
God of strength and mercy, by the suffering and death of your Son, free us from slavery to sin and death and protect us in all our weakness; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. (UMBOW 346).

Midday Psalm 119:129-136

Evening
Psalms 110, 111, 112, 113, 114

No comments: