It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Daily Prayer for July 14, 2001

Teach me your way, O Lord, that I may walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart to revere your name (Psalm 86:11)



Morning
Invitatory Psalm 150
Praise the Lord!
We praise you in your sanctuary;
We praise you in your mighty firmament!
We praise you for your mighty deeds;
We praise you according to your surpassing greatness!
We praise you with trumpet sound;
We praise you with tambourine and dance;
We praise you with strings and pipe!
We praise you with clanging cymbals;
We praise you with loud clashing cymbals!
Let everything that breathes praise the Lord!
Praise the Lord!



Psalms 125, 126, 127, 128, 129


Daily Lectionary Reading, Psalm 86:11-17

  • 11 Teach me your way, LORD ,
  • so that I can walk in your truth.
  • Make my heart focused
  • only on honoring your name.
  • 12 I give thanks to you, my Lord, my God,
  • with all my heart,
  • and I will glorify your name forever
  • 13 because your faithful love toward me
  • is awesome
  • and because you’ve rescued my life
  • from the lowest part of hell.r
  • 14 The arrogant rise up against me, God.
  • A gang of violent people want me dead.
  • They don’t give a thought for you.
  • 15 But you, my Lord,
  • are a God of compassion and mercy;
  • you are very patient
  • and full of faithful love.
  • 16 Come back to me! Have mercy on me!
  • Give your servant your strength;
  • save this child of your servant!
  • 17 Show me a sign of your goodness
  • so that those who hate me
  • will see it and be put to shame—
  • show a sign that you, LORD ,
  • have helped me and comforted me.

[Common English Bible]

Prayer for Today:
O God, when things are going badly for me, when my enemies rise against me, I turn to you for comfort and support. Give me the strength I need to get me through hard times. Continue to show me your love and care for me. Amen.



Midday Psalm 119:161-168

Evening
Psalms 135, 136

No comments: