It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Daily Prayer, Wednesday, July 13, 2011


Invitatory Psalm 100
Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth.
Worship the Lord with gladness;
come into the Lord’s presence with singing.

We know that you are God.
It is you that made us, and we are yours.
we are your people and the sheep of your pasture.

We enter your gates with thanksgiving,
and your courts with praise.
We give thanks to you, bless your name.
For you, O Lord, are good;
your steadfast love endures forever,
and your faithfulness to all generations.

Psalms 120, 121, 122, 123, 124

Daily Lectionary Reading, Isaiah 44:6-8
  • 6 The LORD , Israel’s king and redeemer,
  • the LORD of heavenly forces, says:
  • I am the first, and I am the last,
  • and besides me there are no gods.
  • 7 Who is like me?
  • Let them speak up, explain it,
  • and lay it out for me.
  • Who announced long ago what is to be?z
  • Let them tell usa what is to come.
  • 8 Don’t tremble; have no fear!
  • Didn’t I proclaim it?
  • Didn’t I inform you long ago?
  • You are my witnesses!
  • Is there a God besides me?
  • There is no other rock; I know of none. 
  • [Common English Bible]

Prayers for Today:
O Lord, we turn to you in confidence, not fear, for you are our Redeemer, the first and the last, our rock. Amen.

I give thanks to you, O Lord my god, with my whole heart, and I will glorify your name forever (Psalm 86:12)

Midday Psalm 119:153-160

Evening
Psalm 130

No comments: