It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Response to Complaints, a Reflection on Numbers 11:4-7, 10-16, 24-29

Somewhere between where they had been and where they were headed, they complained. Slavery might have seemed bad at the time, but now they were thinking how good the food had been. The Lord was displeased with their attitude.

Then Moses began to complain. "Why have you landed me with all this responsibility? I'm really tired of their griping. Where am I supposed to find the kind of food that they say they want now? This job is too big for me."

The Lord told Moses to accept some help. So, he did.

Moses chose some helpers. God provided the spirit.

In this week's gospel lesson, the disciple John had expressed concern about the legitimacy of an exorcist who had been claiming that his efforts were in the name of Jesus. Jesus told him that there was enough work to go around.

No comments: