It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Monday, June 24, 2013

Daily Prayer, Monday, June 24, 2013

Protect me, O God, for in you I take refuge.
I say to the Lord, “You are my Lord;
   I have no good apart from you.”

Morning
Invitatory Psalm 95
O come, let us sing to the Lord:
let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation!
We come into your presence with thanksgiving;
we make a joyful noise to you with songs of praise.
You, Lord, are a great God.

Psalms 57, 61, 64

Daily Lectionary Reading, Luke 9:51-62
51 As the time approached when Jesus was to be taken up into heaven, he determined to go to Jerusalem. 52 He sent messengers on ahead of him. Along the way, they entered a Samaritan village to prepare for his arrival, 53 but the Samaritan villagers refused to welcome him because he was determined to go to Jerusalem. 54 When the disciples James and John saw this, they said, “ Lord, do you want us to call fire down from heaven to consume them? ” 55 But Jesus turned and spoke sternly to them, 56 and they went on to another village.

57 As Jesus and his disciples traveled along the road, someone said to him, “ I will follow you wherever you go. ” 58 Jesus replied, “ Foxes have dens and the birds in the sky have nests, but the Human One [y] has no place to lay his head. ” 59 Then Jesus said to someone else, “ Follow me. ” He replied, “ Lord, first let me go and bury my father. ” 60 Jesus said to him, “ Let the dead bury their own dead. But you go and spread the news of God’s kingdom. ” 61 Someone else said to Jesus, “ I will follow you, Lord, but first let me say good-bye to those in my house. ” 62 Jesus said to him, “ No one who puts a hand on the plow and looks back is fit for God’s kingdom.” _________________________________________________ y Or Son of Man [Common English Bible]

Lectio Divina, Luke 9:51-53

Prayer for Today: Lord, help us to hear your call. Help us to respond to your call. Make us fit for your kingdom. Help us now to organize our priorities and our concerns so that our lives will demonstrate to others and to ourselves what your will is for us. Amen

Midday Psalm 119:89-96

Evening
Psalms 87, 88, 91

No comments: