It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Daily Prayer, Sunday, June 2, 2013

Let the heavens be glad, 
and let the earth rejoice;
let the sea roar, and all that fills it; 
let the field exult, 
and everything in it. 
Then shall all the trees of the forest 
sing for joy before the Lord.

Morning

Invitatory Psalm 24


Psalms 90, 92, 93


Daily Lectionary Reading, Galatians 1:8-12
8 However, even if we ourselves or a heavenly angel should ever preach anything different from what we preached to you, they should be under a curse. 9 I’m repeating what we’ve said before: if anyone preaches something different from what you received, they should be under a curse!

10 Am I trying to win over human beings or God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I wouldn’t be Christ’s slave. 11 Brothers and sisters, I want you to know that the gospel I preached isn’t human in origin. 12 I didn’t receive it or learn it from a human. It came through a revelation from Jesus Christ. [Common English Bible]


Prayer for Today: God, we are beset by many messengers who deliver many messages to us. Help us now to discern your true word. Amen.

Evening
Psalms 108, 109

No comments: