It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Steps of Gratitude, a Reflection on Psalm 22:19-28

"Deliver me, save me," says the psalmist.
Then, "I will tell others how you rescued me."
And, "All of you who are listening need to praise the Lord."
Followed by a reminder of the Lord's intentions, "Everybody on earth, including the poor, shall turn to the Lord."

This psalm is an interesting choice for a response to the passage from Isaiah. It's a kind of on-the-other-hand for the prophet's chastising people who forgot the Lord.

But, the psalm does track more closely the gospel reading for this week. The man who was healed was thankful and wanted everybody to know how much and to whom he was thankful.

No comments: