It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Monday, March 14, 2011

Daily Prayer, Monday, March 14, 2011

Morning
My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth. The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in from this time on and forevermore.

Invitatory Psalm 95

Psalms 57, 61, 64

Daily Lectionary Reading, John 3:1-9

Lectio Divina
Do not be astonished that I said to you, "You must be born from above." The wind blows were it chooses, and you hear the sound of it, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit (John 3:7-8).

I lift up my eyes to the hills--from where will my help come? (Psalm 121:1)

Prayer for today:
O God, your glory is always to have mercy.
Be gracious to all who have gone astray from your ways,
and bring them again with penitent hearts and steadfast faith
to embrace and hold fast the unchangeable truth of your Word,
Jesus Christ your Son,
who with you and the Holy Spirit lives and reigns,
one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

UMBOW 334


Midday Psalm 119:89-96

Evening
Psalms 87, 88, 91

No comments: