It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Monday, March 28, 2011

Daily Prayer, Monday, March 28

Morning
Jesus said to him, "You have seen him, and the one speaking to you is he" (John 9:37).

Invitatory Psalm 95
O come, let us sing to the Lord;
let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation!
Lets us come into God's presence with thanksgiving;
let us make a joyful noise with songs of praise!


Read and reflect on Psalms 1, 2, 3, 5

Daily Lectionary Reading, John 9:1-12

Lectio Divina
But they kept asking him, "Then how were your eyes opened?" (John 9:10)

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want (Psalm 23:1).

Prayer for today:
O Lord, I say you are my shepherd. I know you are my shepherd. I have relied on your care. O Lord, make these assertions true for me. Remind me, keep me aware, of all that you have already done for me. Amen.

Midday Psalm 119:1-8

Evening
Psalms 6, 7, 8

No comments: