It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Daily Prayer, Sunday, March 6, 2011

Morning
Invitatory Psalm 24
O Lord, we recognize that the earth and all that is in it is yours.
....
Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord?
And who shall stand in your holy place?
Who shall stand in your holy place?
...

Psalms 32, 33

Daily Lectionary Reading, 2 Peter 1:19-21

Lectio Divina
So we have the prophetic message more fully confirmed. You will do well to be attentive to this as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts (2 Peter 1:19).

I have set my king on Zion, my holy hill (Psalm 2:6).

O Lord, keep our attention on you. Open our ears and our hearts to what you have to say to us today. Move us. awake us. Amen.

Evening
Psalms 44, 45

No comments: