It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Friday, May 20, 2011

Daily Prayer, Friday, May 20

Morning

Incline your ear to me; rescue me speedily. Be a rock of refuge for me, a strong fortress to save me.

Invitatory Psalm 118

Psalms 131, 132, 133

Daily Lectionary Reading, Psalm 31:1-5, 15-16

Lectio Divina

My times are in your hand; deliver me from the hand of my enemies and persecutors (Psalm 31:15).

Let your face shine upon your servant; save me in your steadfast love (Psalm 31:16).

Prayer for today:
God of power and majesty: With the rising of the sun you have raised Jesus Christ and delivered him and us from death's destruction. We praise you on this bright day for all your gifts of new life. Especially we thank you for all victories over sin and evil in our lives, for loyalty and love of friends and family, ..., for the continuing witness of the church of Christ. Amen. (from UMBOW 395).


Midday Psalm 119:169-176

Evening
Psalms 137, 138, 139

No comments: