It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Daily Prayer, Thursday, May 26, 2011

Morning
Blessed be God,
you have not rejected my prayer
or removed your steadfast love from me.

Invitatory Psalm 150
....
Let everything that breathes praise the Lord!
Praise the Lord!

Psalms 19, 20, 21

Daily Lectionary Reading, Acts 17:29-31

Lectio Divina
Because he has fixed a day on which he will have the world judged in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed, and of this he has given assurance to all by raising him from the dead (Acts 17:31).

If I had cherished iniquity in my heart, the Lord would not have listened (Psalm 66:18).

Midday Psalm 119:25-32

Prayer for Today:
You have made us your own children. You have overlooked the wrongs we have done in the past. O Lord, cleanse us from all sin. Instill in us the desire to please you. Amen.

Evening

Psalms 22, 28

No comments: