It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Daily Prayer, Sunday, May 8, 2011

Morning
O Lord, I prayed, save my life. What shall I return to you for all your bounty to me?

Invitatory Psalm 24

Psalms 52, 53, 54, 56

Daily Lectionary Reading, 1 Peter 1:22-23

Lectio Divina
Now that you have purified your souls by your obedience to the truth so that you have genuine mutual love, love one another deeply from the heart. You have been born anew, not of perishable but of imperishable seed, through the living and enduring word of God (1 Peter 1:22-23).

I love the Lord, because he has heard my voice and my supplications. Because he inclined his ear to me, therefore I will call on him as long as I live (Psalm 116:1-2).

Prayer for Today:
O Lord, I have prayed to you many times asking for more and more. Today I pray again still asking for more. But this day, I ask that I am the one who does more, that I will in my thoughts and actions to those around me show the genuine mutual love that you have already shown to me. Amen.

Evening
Psalms 78, 29, 83, 86

No comments: