It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Monday, May 16, 2011

Daily Prayer, Monday, May 16, 2011

Morning
Incline your ear to me; rescue me speedily. Be a rock of refuge for me, a strong fortress to save me.

Invitatory Psalm 95
O come, let us sing to the Lord;
let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation!
Let us come into God's presence with thanksgiving
....


Psalms 94, 96

Daily Lectionary Reading, John 14:1-3

Lectio Divina
In my Father's house there are many dwelling places. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? (John 14:2)

In you, O Lord, I seek refuge; do not let me ever be put to shame; in your righteousness deliver me (Psalm 31:1).

Prayer for Today:
Comfort us in our times of trouble. Remind us that you are a home for us. And remind us that you are also a home for those who aren't just like us. Instill in us the wish to follow where you lead. Amen.

Midday Psalm 119:129-136

Evening
Psalms 110, 111, 112, 113, 114

No comments: