It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Daily Prayer, Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Morning
Incline your ear to me; rescue me speedily. Be a rock of refuge for me, a strong fortress to save me.

Invitatory Psalm 84
How lovely is your dwelling place,
O Lord of hosts!
My soul longs, indeed it faints for the courts of the Lord;
my heart and flesh sing for joy to the living God.
O Lord of hosts, my Ruler and my God,
at your altars even the sparrow finds a home, and the swallow a nest for herself,
where she may lay her young.
Blessed are those who dwell in your house,
ever singing your praise!
....

Psalms 115, 116, 117

Daily Lectionary Reading, John 14:4-7

Lectio Divina
If you know me, you will know my Father also. From now on you do know him and have seen him (John 14:7).

You are indeed my rock and my fortress; for your name's sake, lead me and guide me (Psalm 31:3).

Prayer for Today:
O Lord, you show us the way we should go. You show us what is true. Awaken in us the desire to follow your way. Amen.

Midday Psalm 119:137-152

Evening
Psalms 115, 116, 117

No comments: