It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Friday, August 12, 2011

Daily Prayer, Friday, August 12, 2011

Let the people praise you, O God; let all the peoples praise you (Psalm 67:3)


Morning
Invitatory Psalm  118
O Lord, we give thanks to to you, for you are good;
 your steadfast love endures forever!
….
Out of my distress I called on the Lord;
the Lord answered me and set me in a broad place.
With the Lord on my side I do not fear.
What can mortals do to me?
….



Psalms 131, 132, 133


Daily Lectionary Reading, Genesis 45:1-15


Prayer:
O God, you cared for Joseph when he was a stranger in a foreign country. Through your love and support, he was able to survive and even prosper. And he was able to forgive those who had harmed him. Open us to see the ways we can go when we are in trouble. Help us also to be able to forgive. Amen.


Midday Psalm 119:169-176


Evening
Psalms 137, 138, 139

No comments: