It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Daily Prayer, Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Let the people praise you, O God; let all the peoples praise you (Psalm 67:3)


Morning
Invitatory Psalm 100
Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth.
Worship the Lord with gladness;
come into the Lord’s presence with singing.

We know that you are God.
It is you that made us, and we are yours.
we are your people and the sheep of your pasture.

We enter your gates with thanksgiving,
and your courts with praise.
We give thanks to you, bless your name.
For you, O Lord, are good;
your steadfast love endures forever,
and your faithfulness to all generations.



Psalms 120, 121, 122, 123, 124

Daily Lectionary Reading, Isaiah 56:1, 6-8
The LORD says: Act justly and do what is righteous, because my salvation is coming soon, and my righteousness will be revealed.


6 The immigrants who have joined me, serving me and loving my name, becoming my servants, everyone who keeps the Sabbath without making it impure, and those who hold fast to my covenant: 7 I will bring them to my holy mountain, and bring them joy in my house of prayer. I will accept their entirely burned offerings and sacrifices on my altar. My house will be known as a house of prayer for all peoples, 8 says the LORD God, who gathers Israel’s outcasts. I will gather still others to those I have already gathered. [Common English Bible]


Lectio Divina: Psalm 67:5


Today's Prayer:
O Lord, in our lives today, in the decisions we make, in the attitudes we hold, remind of these long-ago words. People not like us worship you, come to you, and are accepted by you. You gather outcasts. Depending on our own circumstances, let us hear these words as comfort or as a prod. Amen.


Midday Psalm 119:153-160

Evening
Psalm 130

No comments: