It took a year to read the Bible, then almost 9 months to read the Apocrypha. Now, I'm going to try to offer reflections on the Narrative Lectionary. But, I won't be posting daily--at least, for a while.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Daily Prayer, Wednesday, August 24, 2011

O Lord, I love the house in which you dwell, and the place where your glory abides.

Morning
Invitatory Psalm 100
Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth.
Worship the Lord with gladness;
come into the Lord’s presence with singing.

We know that you are God.
It is you that made us, and we are yours.
we are your people and the sheep of your pasture.

We enter your gates with thanksgiving,
and your courts with praise.
We give thanks to you, bless your name.
For you, O Lord, are good;
your steadfast love endures forever,
and your faithfulness to all generations.

Psalm 37

Daily Lectionary Reading, Jeremiah 15:19-21

19 Therefore, the LORD proclaims:
If you return to me, I will take you back
and let you stand before me.
If you utter what is worthwhile,
not what is worthless,
you will be my spokesman.
They will turn to you,
not you to them!
20 I will make you a sturdy bronze wall
against these people.
They will attack you,
but they won’t triumph,
because I am with you
to protect and rescue you,
declares the LORD .
21 I will rescue you
from the hand of the wicked;
I will redeem you
from the grasp of the violent. [Common English Bible]


Today's Prayer: O Lord, remind me of how important that your presence, your love, your care for me is in my life. Give the words to express this knowledge to others. Inspire me to those actions that will demonstrate you to others. Amen.

Midday Psalm 119:57-67

Evening
Psalms 63, 68

No comments: